Board of Directors:
Board members are elected to three year terms of office by Hialeah Municipal Employees Federal Credit Union's (HMEFCU's) membership at the annual meeting in March. They set future strategy, develop policies, oversee HMEFCU's financial security, review the CEO's progress in achieving goals and objectives, represent the interests of the entire membership, and report to the members at the annual meeting. In addition to attending monthly board meetings, directors have opportunities to serve on committees and task forces and to receive free training and education on issues important to the Credit Union and its members.
Your Board Of Directors:
- Dr. Sandra L. Torres – Chairman of the Board
- Yoshua Garfinkel - Vice Chair
- Oscar Oliveros - Secretary
- Jorge D. Gonzalez – Board Member
- Orlando Espinosa - Board Member
Supervisory Committee Members:
Committee members are appointed by the HMEFCU's Board of Directors on an annual basis. The Audit Committee verifies Credit Union records, monitors financial controls and procedures, and works with HMEFCU's CEO and external audit firm. Committee members typically meet on a quarterly basis, and have access to free training and education to help them fulfill their role.
Your Supervisory Committee Members:
- Yoshua Garfinkel - Supervisory Chairman
- Jeramiah McIntyre – Committee Member
- Rene Gutierrez – Committee Member
Board of Director Recruitment & Volunteers
If you're interested in fulfilling an important role as a volunteer Director or Supervisory Committee member, please contact us. As a volunteer, you will have opportunities to work hand in hand with the Credit Union to help ensure HMEFCU members receive the best products and services the Credit Union can offer. Directors will have the opportunity to learn about the Credit Union industry and participate in the decision-making process.
The Board of Directors are responsible for setting the goals and direction of the organization and overseeing Management’s efforts to complete that vision. The experience and skills gained as a Director will aid in other community or professional endeavors in which you may participate.
- Attend regular and special meetings of the Board
- Participate in the Credit Union’s annual Strategic Meeting
- Seek to learn more about the Credit Union movement and its services
- Attend training sessions
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Satisfaction of being a major contributor in setting the direction, and witnessing the success of the financial institution of which you are a direct member/owner.
- Attending and contributing to the many community events in which the Credit Union sponsors and participates.
- The opportunity to use skills and knowledge that you may not be able to in your normal professional capacity.
- Being a member of the Board of Directors or of the Supervisory Committee of a multi-million dollar financial institution, can be a major resume enhancer.